Brother Sewing and Craft Consumer Warranty
Brother International (NZ) Limited is the supplier of Brother Sewing and Craft Machines to Authorised Brother Resellers in Fiji, and is referred to in these Terms and Conditions as Brother or us or we.
This warranty covers all newly purchased Brother Sewing and Craft Machines provided that they are used for domestic or household use. If you purchase a Brother Sewing or Craft Machine and use that machine for a commercial use, that machine is not covered under this warranty, but may be covered under the Brother Sewing Commercial Use Warranty (the terms and conditions of which can be found online at brother.co.nz).
Standard 4 Year Return To Base Warranty
Subject to these Terms and Conditions we warrant that your Brother Sewing or Craft Machine will be free from defects in manufacturing and materials under normal use for 4 years from the date of purchase from a Brother Authorised Reseller (proof of purchase is required) (4 Year RTB Warranty).
How to Claim under this Warranty
In the unlikely event that the machine you have purchased has a defect or is not operating as it should, please call our Brother Helpdesk on 0800 3344276 or visit brother.co.nz for FAQs and user manuals.
Your Brother Helpdesk representative will:
- attempt to help resolve your issue by consultation; and
- if not able to be resolved by consultation, provide you with the details of your nearest Brother Technical Service Provider.
You may also, with valid proof of purchase, return to your place of purchase who will arrange for your machine to be repaired by a Brother Technical Service Provider.
What this Warranty Does Not Cover
There are a few things this warranty does not cover and these include (but are not limited to):
- Replacement of accessories and consumable items, which occasionally require replacement, and maintenance kits.
- Damage caused by accident, neglect, misuse, abuse, improper installation or operation, acts of God (unpreventable event caused by the forces of nature), foreign matter entering the product such as liquid, moisture, insect infestation or dirt.
- Damage caused from service, maintenance, modification or tampering by anyone other than a Brother Technical Service Provider.
- Damage caused by the improper use of non Genuine Brother Products.
- Using the machine other than for its intended purpose or in a manner contrary to any product manuals or instructions. For example, use on electrical voltages other than shown on the rating plate, or use with the serial number or rate label removed.
- Machinery purchases outside of Fiji.
- Any compensation or remedy other than the compensation and/or remedies set out in the section titled 'How to Claim under this Warranty'.
- Any indirect, incidental or consequential loss, cost or damage to an Eligible Customer (including but not limited to loss of revenue, loss of profit, loss of opportunity, loss of goodwill and wasted time).
Servicing your machine regularly helps to maintain optimum performance. We recommend that your Brother machine be serviced a minimum of once every 12 months, depending on usage. If you need help finding a Brother Technical Service Provider, please contact our Brother Helpdesk on 0800 3344276.
- Brother reserve the right to refuse any claim under these Terms and Conditions should we determine that you are not a bona fide claimant, have provided us with false or misleading information, or that you otherwise do not meet the criteria set out in these Terms and Conditions.
- You must respond to Brother’s reasonable requests for information so that Brother can assess the validity of any claim under this Warranty.
- Brother will not be liable for any failure to fulfil its obligations under these Terms and Conditions to the extent that such non-fulfilment results from circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by New Zealand law. It is a condition of coverage under the 4 Year RTB Warranty that you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand Courts in relation to any matters arising under or in connection with these Terms and Conditions.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, but subject to any rights of consumers under legislation that applies to Brother as the distributor of Brother products to consumers in Fiji and that cannot lawfully be excluded, Brother makes no other warranties or representations (either express or implied by law) with respect to the Brother Sewing and Craft machines. The remedies set out in these Terms and Conditions are, to the maximum extent permitted by law, the sole remedies for Brother customers in relation to the sale and use of Brother Sewing and Craft machines.
- If the Sewing and Craft Machine you have purchased is being used for business purposes then, to the maximum extent permitted by law, you (as the Customer) acknowledge that any applicable consumer rights legislation will not apply and further that the United Nations Convention on Contract for the international Sale of Goods is excluded in its entirety.
Genuine Brother Products are products manufactured by or at the order of Brother for use with Brother Sewing or Craft Machines. Genuine Brother Products will bear the Brother logo on their packaging.